If you’re in the business of manufacturing products, then you’ve likely heard of IATF16949. The International Automotive Task Force created this quality management system standard. In this blog post, we will discuss what IATF16949 is, and how to apply it!
What is IATF16949 and what does it cover?
IATF16949 is a quality management system standard created by the International Automotive Task Force. It covers all aspects of the product development cycle, from design and development to production and delivery.
The goal of IATF16949 is to help organizations create and deliver products that meet customer and regulatory requirements.
To meet the requirements of IATF16949, businesses must have a quality management system that covers all aspects of their product development cycle. The quality management system must be designed to meet the organization’s specific needs and its products.
IATF16949 is based on ISO 9000 and includes additional requirements specific to the automotive industry. These requirements cover design and development, production, and delivery areas.
How do you apply for the IATF16949 certification?
There are a few steps that you need to take to apply for IATF16949 certification:
– First, you will need to develop a quality management system that meets the requirements of IATF16949.
– Once your quality management system is in place, you will need to get it audited by a certification body.
– Once your quality management system has been audited and found to be compliant with IATF16949, you will be issued a certificate of compliance.
IATF16949 certification is valid for three years, after which you will need another audit to maintain your certification.
What are the benefits for your business?
There are several benefits that your business can enjoy by having IATF16949 certification:
– You will be able to show your customers that you commit to quality and customer satisfaction.
– You will be able to improve your chances of passing audits from regulatory bodies.
– You will be able to improve your internal processes and procedures.
IATF16949 certification can help you to gain a competitive advantage in your industry.
Tritek has launched IATF16949 in the quality control of the lev battery pack to cooperate with companies in the automotive industry.